Thursday, November 12, 2009

Poking my head to make an announcement and send some love

Picture me poking my head into your humble abode just for a sec. I find the image amusing, but I hope it doesn't creep you out too much.

(Silly how I am smiling to myself right now.)

Hi!

I've been baking and cooking as usual but I'm mostly working on, well, working off the chocolate cake (see previous post) I consumed (read: devoured) over the past weekend for my darling sister's 27th birthday.

But the reason for this blog post is to promote a cookbook by the fabulous Lindsay Nixon (a.k.a. Happy Herbivore)! I "met" her over the summer on Twitter and did some copy-editing for her on her e-book called Backyard Vegan. We kept in contact and, at the end of September, she asked me and a bunch of other veg*ns (the * is a wild card for vegan or vegetarian and everything in between and outside) to be her testers for the cookbook which will be released in about a year.

But don't let me give you all the details: head to www.happyherbivore.com to learn more and to try out some delicious fat-free vegan recipes to get an idea of what will be included in the cookbook. Also, visit the flickr group where Lindsay and her testers will be posting photos on a regular basis of the culinary concoctions to be included in the book.

This is so exciting, and I'm thrilled that Lindsay asked me and the others to be a part of this. It's splendid to be able to not only bake and cook up some delicious vegan recipes but feel great about eating such wholesome foods.

And just in case you don't get a chance to head over to flickr, here's one of Lindsay's recipes that I made the other day. It's vegan frittata, a deliciously-basic recipe to which you can add basically anything. I added bok choy that I bought on a whim and chick peas.



Have a great rest of the week, and I look forward to sharing more photos (teasers!) about Lindsay's cookbook.

Much love,

Vegan in Suburbia

P.S. I found out last week that I'll be attending a conference in the town of Frascati, in the region of Lazio, Italy, at the end of the month! I'm absolutely psyched, even if it means I'll be missing school and, thus, still working on projects for a few hours a day. I'll be taking photos of my vegan culinary adventures, but I'm most excited about picking up some delicious vegan Nutella. Muahaha. Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Babette said...

That must be fun exciting to be a tester, and get insights on an upcoming cookbook! These two recipes look awesome!