Saturday, November 7, 2009

The making and final product of a Twilight cake


Greetings!

I hope you are well. I'll keep this short and sweet, since I finished work at 4, got home after picking up some supplies to make my older sister's birthday cake, made the cake, served it, and have yet to do any school work--and it's 10:30 p.m. Yes, my darling sister turned 27 today, and she requested, or should I say kindly demanded, that she be provided with a Twilight birthday cake. Yes, Edward Cullen charms not only 14-year-olds, as we all know.

So, along with the help of my mum and best friend, Maritsa, here's what I came up with. Please note that, because of all the preparations involved with making the cake, I hadn't a chance to eat dinner, so I ate cake. Two pieces. Okay, three. 


Tomorrow morning, the treadmill and I are going to be really intimate....


Happy birthday, Jess! May you be blessed with love, happiness, and health, and here's to another 27 times four!


Vegan in Suburbia

P.S. The recipe for the cake is by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau and can be found in The Joy of Vegan Baking (I added apple slices to the top of the bottom layer [whoa] and increased the baking time and threw in some dark-chocolate chunks); the recipe for the icing is by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero and can be found in Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.






4 comments:

Babette said...

Wow, this cake looks scrumptious!

Kris said...

Thanks, Babette :) It really was.

Mandee said...

I love that you stuck their faces on dolls! Maybe next year I'll make myself a TwiCake!

Beauty said...

Thanks for share good post.