Tuesday, October 27, 2009

For Daiya: A Collage of Love

I have a new love. Her name is Daiya and she is beautiful. She is vegan cheese, and I love her. She provides me with delicious vegan pizza and macaroni and cheese that tastes even better (because it tastes like actual cheese and not powdery nonsense) than silly KD (even though we all loved KD before we met Daiya).

Here is a collage in the form of a recipe that Daiya took over and made sacred. The recipe is by the brilliant FoodEater and can be found on the blog To Live and Eat in L.A. I modified the recipe in the following ways: I put 2 tbsp of Earth Balance, 2 tbsp of whole-wheat flour, 1 3/4 cup soy milk, and 4 slices of regular Tofurky. The next time around, I might adjust the ratio of pasta to cheese and increase the amount of pasta (or slightly--no, no reducing the cheese. Muahaha).

Enjoy :)

Vegan in Suburbia

P.S. Behold the STRINGS of vegan cheese!!!! (I'm not normally one to use multiple exclamation marks. Please bear that in mind.) And behold my drunken photo skills on the last photo. Ha ha. Drunk on cheese.



2 comments:

Foodeater said...

OMG yours looks so amazing!!! I'm so happy you tried it and loved it!

lindsay said...

i want that mac and cheese please